Saturday, June 22, 2013

Onion ring recipe

Still coming up with some recipes to adventure outward during my candida cleansing. Here's my most recent creation. This recipe is also raw for any raw foodies out there:

Onion rings

Raw onions, sliced into rings

Batter:
Soaked sunflower seeds
Raw garlic cloves
Lemon juice
Spices (I used salt, paprika, garlic powder, mustard seed)

Put all batter ingredients into your food processor with some water and pulse until a hummus type texture. True, I don't measure these things. I do it all to taste. Therefore, it's good to start with a little water and add as you go. If it's too runny it won't stick to the onions.

Once blended into a nice texture, dip your raw onion rings into the batter and set in your food dehydrator on low for several hours. Mine are still going a little longer, but it has been about four hours on low and they're close to done.

My friend had an idea that the onion rings could be cooked too. I don't know how well the batter would stay othe onions, but it's worth a try.

They're gooood

No comments:

Post a Comment