Friday, June 21, 2013

My successes

I'm nearly at the end of week five and I'd like to mark my successes:

I have been 100% gluten and dairy free
I have been about 97% yeast, corn, sugar free. The exceptions were things I ate that I assumed were free of these things and found out later it wasn't true. It's amazing what companies will put in our food that you would never guess. To truly eat cleanly, you pretty much have to make everything from scratch at home
I have been about 80-85% tobacco and coffee free. This week has been my exception, so one week out of five, and considerably less use on a daily basis than before

I believe I have completed my version of phase one which morphed into "getting myself out of the unconscious habit of doing and eating things that are adversely affecting my life, health and how I feel."

Tomorrow I shall begin phase two. Phase two shall be called "do whatever it takes to get that colon moving naturally and on its own." I have already been taking supplements. I have been taking Colon Guard which includes caprylic acid, and I have been taking grapefruit seed extract. I have also sporadically been taking psyllium husk/bentonite clay and flax seed. It's been sporadic because I'm not sure if the fiber's been backing me up more or not. I'm getting a new probiotic today as well as many veggies and whatever fibrous goodies I can get my hands on. I would also like to start taking enzymes, which I have not included in this cleanse so far. I'm still open to eating meat, but probably considerably less beef than before. I know beef can back a person up too.

Ready, set, continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment