Monday, June 17, 2013

Beginning of week five

Today is the first day of week five of my candida cleanse. Admittedly, this past week has been less of a “cleanse” and more of a “I’m just not going to eat sugar or yeast or gluten or dairy.” I have had three cups of coffee, total. This is not a cleanse-ruiner, though it is preferable to not have significant caffeine. I have also smoked a total of three cigarettes. Again, this does not have a significant impact on candida, just on general health. I have also had some fried sauce-free meats.
So, what is up this week? I feel as though I have begun to move into an emotional portion of the cleanse due to a variety of reasons. Because of this, I have been beckoning some of my vices back to me. I’m sticking to the ones that don’t feed the candida even if they’re not super “clean.” I was discussing this cleanse with a friend and she said from her own experience that it’s important to not be so strict with yourself. It’s such a strict food plan already, sometimes it’s less stressful to allow for some things you desire without completely backtracking or giving up.
That is what I’ve done this week. I have been more permissive with myself. When I am feeling better, I will get back to the much cleaner eating and actually feel satisfied with it. This is a marathon, not a sprint. And sometimes it’s okay to slow down, catch my breath, walk for a mile or two before getting back into the groove and jogging pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment