Sunday, August 18, 2013

Three months.

Sometimes I don't realize a symptom is gone until it returns.

Today marks the end of 13 weeks since beginning this cleanse. Yesterday I had a little get together and once all but one friend left I decided to have some wine with her. That was my first wine or alcohol of any kind in 13 weeks.  It was fun. I didn't feel bad. I also had some corn chips-after all we spent good money on the food and beverage and so much was left over. Plus, what interesting things would this sugar do to my body?

A few hours after beginning drinking my left heel of my foot started to hurt so bad I couldn't walk on it. I had had plantar fasciitis somewhat mildly for quite some time before this cleanse started and even through most of the beginning of it. I don't actually know when it faded. But with a little bit of sugar last night, it came back full force in one foot and it's still here this morning.

I actually find this kind of experimentation pretty interesting. Like I've mention, I have basically done an elimination diet for myself and when I add stuff in, I can really tell what it creates in me. Potato chips: migraine headache. Sugary wine: inflammation. Caesar dressing: extreme phlegm. Chicken wings: almost no reaction.

I'm still going onward. Moments like last night are not really setbacks in my mind. They are educational experiences that will help me make informed decisions in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment