Saturday, November 30, 2013

Training Day

Day one: I went to the gym today in order to begin my training for hiking in four weeks. What I did:
ten minutes on recumbent bike level 5. Purpose-begin circulation in body and respiration.
Ten minutes on elliptical level 5. Purpose-increase circulation and respiration, particularly in diaphragm.
Ten minutes on BoSu ball balancing and then attempting a squat. Purpose- get finer muscles working. Also, I heard recently balancing helps to reset the nervous system.
Ten minutes on treadmill-loosen muscles back up after BoSu experience.
Full squats until I lost my form-I did maybe fifteen or twenty with no added weight. Strengthen legs and work on quads tracking evenly over patella
Back to treadmill 5 minutes with slight incline-again, get muscles loosened up after squatting.
More squats to fatigue (maybe five or seven) and ten standing lunges each side.
Then stretched and showered.
What was my favorite part? All of it. At minute 17 of my warm-up I felt the endorphins kick in. I felt so satisfied from there all the way through to the shower where I felt my sympathetic nervous system relax. How is it I manage to forget how much I love exercise?

Day two: ten minutes of warm up. Then lat pull-downs, dumbbell rows, shoulder lift, shoulder press, bicep curls and ten minutes on treadmill. Then repeated all again. Then did scissor kicks for 15 minutes to open up my hips more. Purpose-strength train upper body starting with my large, weaker muscles (back and posterior delts) and ending with smaller, easier for me to define muscles. It was a little emotional today. When I was on treadmill between lifting I felt some emotions go through me. I was also a little less clear about what I wanted to do. When I used to work out, I did upper and lower body equally. Now, working the upper body is a little confusing to me. Not sure why. Perhaps because it is weaker and takes more time to feel like everything is moving the way I want it to.

Day 3: 30 minutes on treadmill

Day4: break

Day 5: 20 total mins warm up on level seven, recumbent bike and elliptical. Then two self-made circuits of  -squats, dead lifts, treadmill (done twice) and then -lunges, hamstring curls, quad press, rowing (also done twice). Then some brief shoulder presses and bicep curls. Then on treadmill for ten minutes. Then some brief chest press (only because I couldn't stop thinking about doing it)

Day 6: up A mountain and down three times

Day 7: upper body training at gym

Day 8: break

No comments:

Post a Comment